1. Dinner prep: bread crumb, garlic, parsley, rosemary, pine nut and olive stuffing for a leg of lamb (not pictured, stupidly) from Pastoral Plate
2. Dinner: Baby potatoes and tiny carrots roasted in lamb drippings
3. Happy hour: Blistered padrone peppers with sea salt (and served with cava)
New recipe we tried last week: Jamie Oliver’s stuffed leg of lamb. We had a leg of lamb from Pastoral Plate, and were waiting to cook it with friends, since neither of us wanted to eat a 6lb leg all week long. This recipe was seriously delicious, though we omitted the anchovies and pancetta in the stuffing, since we were already serving a rich appetizer. We basted the lamb with red wine, and it turned out very moist and herb-y.
4. Happy hour: Roasted prosciutto wrapped figs stuffed with goat cheese
5. Dinner: Clams with garlic, onion, jalapeño, magic and white wine (we’re totally trying to nail down the recipe we were exposed to a few weeks back!) oh, and there is Joe in the background. HI JOE!
6. Dinner: Intern-made salad of mixed greens, marcona almonds, tomatoes, shaved pecorino romano and some secret dressing he makes