The future

13 Apr

P4109836

The last two weeks have been a strange roller coaster for me– I think the combination of work, business planning, meetings, and a mean cold have worked me up to a frenzied place. I’ve also been anxiously waiting to hear the results of a possibly (huge) work opportunity, something that I promised myself I wouldn’t get worked up about while waiting. I promised I’d be breezy but I lied.

I let myself go to that place… checking my email every 15 minutes, then forcing myself out of the house to be away from email, only to double back hours later, practically breaking down doors to check for news. I tried the gym as a place to get rid of all that extra emotion. I didn’t know trying not to cry on the treadmill was even a thing. It is a thing you guys. Don’t do it. Things got real hairy over a 48 hour period. Real talk: with a glass of wine in hand, the ugly cry, and I mean the works. And by the works, I mean waterworks.

P4129840

And then, I picked myself up, got dressed, got myself together, and then I got the news. I got the grant.

Emotions? What are you good for?! The details are yet to be set, but in the next few weeks I can start to share what the result of this grant will be, and what new fun project is going to come from it. I’m almost ready to celebrate, I just need a little more settling in my brain before I can focus on a proper and appropriate way to celebrate this whole new adventure.

I’m settling myself with a few cookbooks borrowed from a friend, and a sad-looking batch of coconut muffins that are actually pretty delicious. I’m even going to try taking the day off work.

8 Responses to “The future”

1. Taysa (@taysuuuh) April 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM #

Don’t know the details, but this sounds awesome already! I go through THE WORKS with nearly every job interview, so I understand. Congratulations!!!

• katekoeppel April 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM #

a little weird to get this real on the internet, particularly about losing it completely… but I am out of the hole, and getting really excited. Thank you!!!

2. theherbalworkshop April 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM #

Wooo!

3. Teresa April 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM #

Hey girl!!!! So happy for you! Congratulations! You’re super brave and talented. Go get it! p.s. I’ve totally treadmill cried, except it was really an elliptical cry because the treadmill is too hard.

• katekoeppel April 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM #

mine was an almost elliptical cry too! I just don’t know the names of the machines!

4. Robin Gadient April 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM #

Excited that you got the grant! Now, I want to know the coconut muffin recipe.

• katekoeppel April 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM #

Thanks Robin! The muffin recipe is not my own, the original is here: http://smittenkitchen.com/2012/02/double-coconut-muffins/ I did make to alterations to the recipe though. I substituted 1/3 cup of almond meal in the place of 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour– it made them have a nice texture and delicate almond flavor. I used sour cream instead of greek yogurt because I found the muffins to be a bit too tangy the first time when I made them with the yogurt.

5. amber z April 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM #

Sweet!! I just played catch-up on your blog, so I’ve seen that the grant is for a store front. Can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your sleeve – I’m sure it will be fabulous!

Comments are closed.